The following are slides presented at a side event at COP 22 in Marrakech on the enormous damage to the world caused by the climate change disinformation campaign that started in the United States and spread to a few other countries
“Program at the UNFCCC COP 22, Marraketch Morroco”
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
1 pm to 2 pm, Baltic Room, Blue Zone
The Pennsylvania Environmental Research Consortium
For Information Contact:
Donald A. Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
Widener University Commonwealth Law School
The program will begin with a briefing on what peer-reviewed social science has revealed about the climate change disinformation campaign’s structure, funding, tactics, successes in blocking climate policies, and main participants. This will be followed by a discussion of:
- Why despite fact that scientific skepticism is good and should be encouraged, this is not responsible skepticism?
- Why this behavior cannot be excused as an exercise in free speech?
- What damage has been caused by this campaign?
- What kind of malfeasance is this? Tort, crime, fraud?
- How to increase public international awareness of these developments?
- What should be done about it?