This post identifies three updated 15 minute videos which have previously appeared on this site. These videos describe, analyze, and respond to controversies about the climate change disinformation campaign. They include descriptions of:
(1) The enormous damage to the world that has been caused by a mostly fossil fuel corporate funded disinformation campaign on climate change,
(2) What is meant by the climate change disinformation campaign, a phenomenon sociologist describe as a “countermovement,”
(3) The tactics of the disinformation campaign,
(4) An explanation of why the tactics of the campaign cannot be excused either as an exercise in free speech or as responsible scientific skepticism,
(5) What norms should guide responsible scientific skepticism about climate change.
Why the Fossil Fuel Companies Funded Climate Change Disinformation Campaign is So Ethically Abhorrent
The Climate Change Disinformation Campaign, Part 3, Exploration of Tactics Continued, Is this Campaign Simply an Exercise of Free Speech , If Responsible Skepticism Should Be Encouraged, What Ethical Norms Should Guide It?
Donald A. Brown
Scholar In Residence and Professor
Sustainability Ethics and Law
Widener University Commonwealth Law School
Pingback: Responding to the Nomination for US Secretary of State the CEO of Exxon, a Company Which Funded the Morally Reprehensible Climate Change Disinformation Campaign and Politicians Who Are Climate Change Deniers | Ethics and Climate
There’s definately a lot to know about this issue.
I really like all of the points you made.